Monday, April 8, 2013

Meatless Monday





Save your eggshells to crush up in the garden, just make sure to rinse them first.


I am a vegetarian and I love it, but it is definitely not for everyone (my husbands favorite food is steak) but I think everyone could do with eating a little less meat and a little more whole foods, so I will be sharing some of my favorite healthy meat free recipes! 

Now this meal definitely does not fall into the category of healthy but it does fall into yummy and meat free so just go with it (It was one of those days were you need a little comfort food when you get home so you don't strangle your husband.) Next time I promise it will be healthy! 


German Pancakes:
(Im positive that there are much more fancy ways to make this, but this is the recipe I've used since I was a kid)

6 eggs
1 cup of flower
1 cup of milk (we used almond milk)
Butter


Pre-heat the oven to 425

In a large mixing bowl mix together eggs, flower, and milk.

In two dishes or pie pans melt enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan. (I just stick them in for a   few minutes while the oven is preheating)

Pour mixture evenly into both pans and cook for 13 min.

Enjoy! They taste great with syrup, fresh fruit, or lemon juice and powdered sugar





No comments:

Post a Comment