Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Girl Power

Im not a feminist in the traditional sense, I rarely wear pants and I am a big advocate of men paying for my meals, well really anyone who wants to feed me, but I am ALL about Girl Power. Here is a short list of estrogen fueled women who inspire me in no particular order. 


 Her Royal Highness Lena Dunham
Hello have you watched Girls?! She is a genius and literally one of the funniest people on the planet. Im not saying she is the voice of my generation, but she kind of is. (p.s. I can't stop drooling over her tattoos.) 



Betty White
I grew up watching Golden Girls with my grandma, and I think this show single handedly gave me my fine tuned appreciation for sexual innuendoes. She gives me hope that I will look awesome at 80 and retain the ability to be funny on purpose. 



 Tavi Gevinson
She is 100 times cooler than I will literally ever be and she is 16. She founded the magazine Rookie which I love, despite the fact that its only relevant to teenage girls, and most importantly she taught me how to hone my "Bitch Face" (which im sure I will devote a whole post to eventually). 


Emma Stone
There is nothing sexier than a girl who doesn't try to be sexy, a rare gem in hollywood. I have such a girl crush on her it's slightly creepy, and to be honest its making me question some things... that is until I think about THIS.  

____________________________________________


Still not feeling empowered enough? Might I suggest these girl power anthems:

 Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
Destiny's Child - Survivor
No Doubt - Just A Girl
Joan Jett - Bad Reputation 
The Donnas - Take it off 
Missy Elliott - Work It 
Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive 
Robyn - Dancing On My Own


- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment